Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Hunt Is On!

So here we go again, like a drifter I was born to walk alone...

Sorry - saw a chance for an 80's reference and took it!

It is now August and that means I am at about the 3 month mark before my current contract is up... so the (job) hunt is on!

While I would like my next job to be a full-time, non-contract, role - I understand that the economy is still in recovery and I should be grateful to be working at all right now.

But that being said, I tend to see the end of a contract as a huge opportunity - a time to look elsewhere, to explore options and think big.

Do I want to work in another part of Canada? Another part of the world?

Are you on a contract? What is your next move?

2 comments:

  1. Ian...how goes it! I'm about 1.5 months from the end of my assignment. I too am on the job hunt (actually, I never stopped). I definitely want my next opportunity to be permanent. I am not getting much response to my applications and networking ventures. It's really frustrating. Yes, I've gained great experience the last 5 months...but I want to use it...and soon!

    I do not want to be out of work again...it was painful for almost 2 years.

    Someone, somewhere, out there must see my value.

    Tim Baker, CHRP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,

    Sorry for the late response - have you found anything yet? How is everything?

    ReplyDelete