Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Casual Fridays... What do I wear? How do you decide?

For those of you that know me, you know that I am not a fashion expert and I don't want this blog to seem like I am pretending to be otherwise.

However, casual Friday's continue to present a challenge to most folks.

Through out college and university, my collection of awesome t-shirts grew (and continues) to include some pretty cool pieces... However, outside of maybe an advertising/creative workplace I don't think that anyone would expect a co-worker (let alone HR) to show up in a Dropkick Murphy's T-shirt on Friday.

So what do we do?

I have worked at some companies where formal (descriptive) policies outline what can and cannot be worn (i.e. no t-shirts with big logos, no ripped jeans, no skirts above the knee, etc)

It's casual Friday's that make me think that working in a hospital might be easier; unfortunately we can't all just wear medical scrubs.




Since most of the people reading this blog are probably not medical professionals, I would like to hear what you think the best policy is when it comes to casual days/casual fridays.

Personally, I try and follow what I refer to as the 'first date rule' which means: if I think it looks to sloppy, or it is not the image I would want to project on a first date then I won't do it.

Pretty simple... works for me... could probably work for you too.
This being said, what is your process/ideology?

Or better yet, hilarious examples of casual fridays having gone wrong :)



Or if you are a medical professional and want some great scrubs, check out: http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/ 






No comments:

Post a Comment