Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Let the music do the talking!

I love music... it is a huge part of my life... anyone that follows this blog with any regularity knows that I have made reference to groups from the Dixie Chicks to Motorhead... So ya, my tastes are pretty broad.

I know this blog is primarily about HR, jobs, and career-related topics... but it's my blog so I'm gonna do what I want  :)

There are 2 albums coming out this summer that I can't wait to get my hands on:

1. The Head Cat - Walk the Walk... Talk the Talk



2. Whiskey Devils - The Mahones Tribute Album




The Head Cat, for those who haven't heard, is a Rockabilly side project of Lemmy (Motorhead), Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats), and Danny B. Harvey (Rockats).

Anyone that loves the great rockabilly music of the 50's and 60's should definitely check out The Head Cat... it is a great return to rockabilly roots, with the gravel sandstorm that is the voice of Lemmy Kilmister... The album comes out July 5, 2011 - can't wait to crank it this summer!

Two other genres that I love are Irish/celtic music and punk... it works... And a Canadian-based group called The Mahones do it very well.

For their 20th Anniversary, Whiskey Devils was produced as a tribute to The Mahones and contains covers of classic Mahones tunes from The Bloody Irish Boys to The Gobshites.  The album comes out June 28, 2011.

If you know of any other great bands I should check out I would love to hear about them!

Happy Listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment