Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

RIP Jack Layton

When I heard of Jack Layton's passing this morning, I felt as though Canada was truly at a loss.

Even non-NDP voters in my experience have never had anything really horrible to say about the man, he was just a man of the people... Something every politician wants to be seen as.

This was not only his image but who he was.



I have met Jack in passing and he always brought life to the room he was in.  I saw him speak at Yonge & Dundas square back in University and was amazed how one man could truly identify with all the different demographics in attendance - it was a protest for uranium drilling in a small town in northern Ontario

He was a great sport; I heard him a few times as a guest on the Dean Blundell show on the Edge in Toronto before elections and supporting Movember.

I think all Canadians thought of Jack Layton and the NDP as one in the same... No Jack, means no NDP.

Overall, Jack Layton was a great person who was a proud Canadian and improved the lives of everyone he met.


My condolences go out to Jack and his family and friends - he was a great figure on the Canadian political landscape and will truly be missed.

R.I.P. Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment