Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

We are the Economy!

I blogged not too long ago about this possible 'double-dip' recession that world seems to be worried we're going to go through.

After Obama's speech this past week, there doesn't appear to be alot of good new out there about our world economy.

There is job losses on both sides of the border here in North America, and Europe is wondering if it can maintain the Euro in light of Greece and other heavily indebted countries to make up the EU.

Can't we all take a step back and look at the big picture?

We are the economy... we are the markets... therefore - isn't it us who is in need of repair?

I don't want to come off like a hippy or anything, nor do I want to sound like the average economist saying we're going through a 'market correction'. 

What I do want to say is - evaluate what is important to you.

To me, I think things like my personal health, and the well-being of my family are important... this doesn't take a ton of money to maintain.

I'm not going to tell you to destroy your credit cards and run for the mountains - I'm just saying: evaluate what is important to you and keep moving forward!

The economy is based on how we spend, and the reality is there's a ton of baby boomers who make up a good portion of the North American population that aren't spending that much.

I mentioned before that there will no doubt be swings in the market as spending patterns change and industries lose their relevancy (i.e. Blockbuster leaving Canada).

This is no reason to panic, and I'm not saying to make it Credit Card City either. 

If any correction needs to take place, it is from within - evaluate what is important and keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment