Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Creative Problem Solving

I read a study the other day saying that beer makes you smarter.

I'm not one to question science, and this situation is no different - but perhaps a little more insight is needed.

The study, and this testament of 'smarter', was linked to 'creative problem solving'.  Apparently tasks requiring memorization weren't quite so successful. 

So smarter, maybe not; reducing inhibitions and better at coming up with new ideas - absolutely!

I don't think any of us would disagree with this statement - who here hasn't been at the receiving end of a socio-political rant by an inebriated bar fly at some point?




As for this actual study, the amount given to the 'participants' was 2 pints - and the group was males between 21-30 (where would you find such a niche demographic?)

Want to see the actual study for yourself?

Click here

Now before I close this blog, my HR side needs to say this: I'm not encouraging drinking to enhance creativity, nor am I encouraging drinking at work to overcome 'creativity' problems.

Agree? Disagree? Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment