For this one, I'm looking for some feedback. In my employment I have held HR and Marketing roles and find that they are increasingly similar - or at least have some parallel guiding principles.
What the hell are you talking about, you ask?
Well look at it like this, HR is typically responsible for 3 main things:
1. Attracting people (talented applicants) to the organization
2. Making sure they are happy and stay (through compensation & rewards)
3. Ensuring there are replacements when they leave (succession planning)
Marketers are responsible for 3 main things as well:
1. Making people aware of a product/service (creating demand)
2. Ensuring people continue to purchase ("look, Barbie has a new hat!")
3. Following demographic trends to keep people 'loyal to the company/product' (Buy a Mustang when
you're young, a Windstar when you're old)
Kinda the same isn't it?