Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Porter's Five Forces: Revisited

I found that over the past month or so, I keep referring to my Competitive Strategy book by Michael Porter.

While so much has changed in the business world, there are lessons and models that continue to prove themselves true.

For those of you that are not completely familiar, here is a link
for an illustrated overview of Porter's Five Forces



The reason, I think, I find myself reading Competitive Strategy again is because of the economic climate we are in.

To me, there seemed to be less focus on competitive advantages during the 'good times', but now more than ever there is this sense of having to prove yourself in the workplace, which I think is great, but certainly says alot about human nature.

Have you found this?



~Ian



No comments:

Post a Comment